Monday, March 02, 2009

Megohead of the Month for March is SlipperyLilSuckers



Museum Handle:
Slipperylilsuckers


First Name?
Cat


Where do you hail from?
Sydney, Australia



How did you find the Megomuseum?
I did a search on old Superman figures and found a mailing list which eventually led me to MM.


What inspired you to join the forum?
From around 2001, I lurked around the place for almost 2 years, I was very shy back in those days. Abmac constantly encouraged me to make posts and join in once I finally signed up and made a couple of posts.






What is your favorite Mego line?
WGSH without a doubt.



Happiest Mego Memory?
Getting my boxed Superman when I was a kid. Finding my name in Benjamin’s book has to rank pretty highly too.





What’s one item in your collection your most proud of?
My Cheetah, made with love and great skill as a gift from my partner. If I could keep only one figure, she would have to be it.




What’s the one thing you’re hunting for in 2009?
A Lili Ledy Supernina




Any other hobbies, collections?

I also love Big Jim, The Lone Ranger, die-cast cars and most recently, Star Wars and Batman Lego. I have bits and pieces of all kinds of things that have taken my fancy over the years.



Any words of wisdom for beginning collectors?

Be patient…there will probably be another one around the corner. I went mad when I first started collecting and probably could have gotten a lot better deals. Also, go for dust preventing displays.


No comments: